Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauces are fairly new to the Progresso line of foods. They are available in 5 flavorful varieties that can each be used as a starter to create numerous home-cooked meals. In addition to the sauces, Progresso has created 80 delicious recipes that include these flavorful sauces and many of these recipes are classic family favorites, such as Bacon Mac n´ Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Parmesan, and utilize ingredients your family may already have on-hand.
I was sent 3 of the 5 flavors to test out and they all looked so yummy that I didn’t know which one to try out first. The first one I tested out was creamy portabella mushroom and used it in my favorite Beef Stroganoff recipe. Instead of the other brand of mushroom soup I used the Recipe Starters sauce. The Beef Stroganoff turned out to be amazing and full of so much flavor. I really loved the recipe with the Progresso Recipe Starters cooking sauce and I’ll definetly be making the switch to Progresso Recipe Starters sauces.
Inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, Recipe Starters use a variety of ingredients and the best techniques to make sure you have delicious options to take on the school days dinner dilemma. The five varieties are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
When it comes to dinner I want a quick dinner, but I also want it to be delicious and homemade. Progresso Recipe Starters allow you and me to cook our families a yummy and quick dinner. They are reasonably priced and available at mass retailers and grocery stores. Stop by their website for coupons, recipes, and to view their full line of products!
Disclosure: The information, products and ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.